Scottburgh Primary turns 90 today! The school opened on 4 August 1925 with 20 pupils from Class One to Std 3 and consisted of a wood and iron structure. Miss Roos was headmistress. In 1928 the school was renamed “Scottburgh Government School” with 37 pupils in classes from Class 1 to Std 4.
In 1931 the school was erected on the present site and in 1938 a new block was completed.
In 1968 a Secondary Department was opened with Std 7, with the department progressing by one standard each year, and the first Matric students wrote their finals in 1971. The High School moved to its new premises in 1976.
Mrs Dannhauser taught Mrs Bartman in Grade One
Past pupils currently on the staff