05 August 2016
Dear SPS Family
Please take note of the following:
- CONQUESTA (Grades 4 to 7 only): If your child has registered for this, these tests will be written from 2:15pm to 3:30pm on the respective dates, except for Friday from 1pm to 2:30pm. Due to numerous activities taking place this term, we want to maximize the teaching and learning time in class, so as to be on track with Departmental requirements. We do apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your support and understanding.
- INTERHOUSE ATHLETICS: Please note that we have changed the date of this activity to Tuesday, 13 September 2016. Unfortunately, we received information only this week that the KZN Cricket Trials have been scheduled for 9 September 2016 and many of our athletes are involved in this event. These are logistics beyond our control, despite us having our calendar in order. Fortunately, we as a school, will always endeavor to make sure our children get every possible opportunity to achieve at the highest level. Thanks for understanding.
- EXTRA MURALS: I would like to outline and clarify the procedure when outdoor activities are cancelled, due to inclement weather. The decision to cancel will normally be done around 11am to cater for the Grades 1 and 2, who finish school at 12:30pm. This will be done via an alert on D6 as well as a SMS.
- Junior Phase (Grades 1, 2): Parents may choose to collect their child either at 12:30pm or 2pm.Should parents choose to collect your child at 12:30pm, you must report personally to the front office to request leave. Learners involved in extra murals will remain with their coach/teacher at a designated venue and will only be released upon an official announcement via the front office. Learners who are staying until 2pm will be sent to the exit gate as normal.
- Senior Phase (Grades 3 to7): Parents may choose to collect their child either at 2:05pm or 3:15pm. Should parents choose to collect your child at 2:05pm, you must report personally to the front office to request leave. Learners involved in extra murals will remain with their coach/teacher at a designated venue and will only be released, upon an official announcement via the front office. Learners who are staying until 3:15pm will be sent to the exit gate as normal. The above process is to ensure the safety of your child.
- Changing extra murals: learners are encouraged to stay in their chosen activity for the term. They may change their activity upon permission from the Principal only. In the event of inclement weather, learners doing outdoor activities are not permitted to join another indoor activity for that day.
- MATHLETICS AND READING EGGS ONLINE SOFTWARE PROGRAMME: SPS is a school of excellence and will always keep up with the trend of modern technology that will enhance our children’s education so that they are able to compete in this competitive world. We are fortunate to be given a thirty-day free trial period to test this wonderful Math and English online programme. For the past few days, we have been introducing this programme to your child and I am sure they would have told you about it. We will send home their user name and password. If you have the facility to go through this programme, please do, as I will need some feedback from you. If you don’t have the facility, don’t stress, as we got it covered at school.
- THANK YOU: Sincere thanks to the SPS families for so generously donating clothing and blankets towards our Winter Warmth Campaign co-ordinated by our monitors. The collected items will be handed over to the following organisations: Child Welfare, Joannes’s Angels and Anchor Village.
- UPCOMING EVENTS (Please follow our website and D6) :
- We would like to wish our Under 12 Rugby boys well for their 7s Tournament over this weekend.
- Saturday – 20 August – SPS hosts 5-a-side Soccer Festival for the under 11s and under 13s. Unfortunately, we had to cancel the under 9 group as we were the only school that was eager to play.