08 September 2016
Dear SPS Family
Please take note of the following:
- INTER-HOUSE ATHLETICS – TUESDAY 13 SEPTEMBER
The Inter-House Athletics takes place on Tuesday-13 September, starting at 10h00. The Foundation Phase and Senior Primary Phase athletics’ events will be held together on this day. The event will start at 10am and is scheduled to be completed by 2pm. All learners (participants and non-participants) must be at school and are required to remain at school until the event is completed at 2pm. There are NO extra murals on this day. This includes the entire Foundation Phase as they are all involved in the events. Please make the necessary transport arrangements for your child. We hope to see as many parents as possible on the side lines supporting our athletes and look forward to a fun-filled day.
All learners are required to come to school on Tuesday- 13 September in their school PE kit ( house colours).
- INTER-SCHOOL ATHLETICS – WEDNESDAY 21 SEPTEMBER AND EARLY DISMISSAL FOR NON ATHLETES
Scottburgh Primary will be hosting this event on Wednesday- 21 September starting at 11am. Learners who are not selected for this event will be dismissed at 10:15am. All Grade 7 learners, however, will remain at school to either assist or to support. Kindly make the necessary transport arrangements for your child. We hope to see many parents supporting our SPS team.
- SENIOR PRIMARY CONCERT- “THE LION KING” : TUESDAY- 27TH AND WEDNESDAY 28TH SEPTEMBER:
Teachers and Senior Primary learners have been working very hard preparing for their concert. The concert includes all learners from Grades 4 to 7. Evening performances of the concert for parents and friends are to be held on Tuesday 27th and Wednesday 28th September, starting at 18h00.
Tickets for these two shows will be on sale from the school front office from Monday 12 September at a cost of R40 for adults and R30 for children under 12 years.
* Yellow tickets will be sold for Tuesday night and Red tickets for Wednesday.
* Please send the money in a clearly marked envelope with your child’ name, grade, the number of tickets you wish to purchase, and which performance the tickets are required for.
* No tickets will be issued without the money being sent in first. As the tickets sell out quickly, it is advisable that you buy yours as soon as possible.
* Tickets will not be available before 12 September.
* There will be no tickets for sale at the door, and there are no designated seating arrangements.
* Please do not purchase tickets for children taking part in the concert, as they will not be allowed in the hall.
- GRANDPARENTS TEA AND SENIOR PRIMARY CONCERT: FRIDAY 23 SEPTEMBER
Grandparents of our Senior Primary learners are invited to attend Grandparents Tea and a performance of the concert on Friday 23 September. Tea will be served at 09h15 to 09h45 and the show will begin promptly at 10h00. An invitation with a reply slip is attached to this letter.
Catering for Grandparents Tea:
The school will be providing tea and eats for Grandparents, and parents of learners in Grade 4-7 are requested to send a donation of R20 per learner in lieu of providing a plate of eats.
Kindly send your donation to school in an envelope marked with your child’s name and Grade and “Grandparents’ Tea”- to be handed to the class teacher.
- SENIOR PRIMARY CONCERT FOR OUR SPECIAL NEEDS SCHOOLS- THURSDAY- 29 SEPTEMBER
A friendly reminder about this special performance on Thursday 29 September at 9am. Thank you to those parents who already volunteered to assist with sponsorships. If you would like to assist in any way, please contact the school.
- AGM AND BUDGET 2017 PRESENTATION – THURSDAY 29 SEPTEMBER
Please be reminded about this very important meeting, which takes place on Thursday 29 September at 17h30.
- FEEDBACK ON MATHELITICS AND READING EGGS PROGRAMME
We hope that you had an opportunity to work with your child on these exciting programmes at home. The trial period ends on 17 September. If you did, please provide me with your feedback on the attached feedback form. Your feedback will assist us in deciding whether to purchase these programmes for 2017. The cost per learner for these educational programmes are as follows:
Reading Eggs: R130
Both at a discounted rate: R267.
Please note that the above fee is a once-off annual fee and these are online programmes which stimulates and enhances your child’s academic and critical thinking skills, which will benefit your child for his/her future. If approved, the programme will be built into the school’s academic curriculum to enable all learners to access the programme. The above initiative is over and above the school fee for 2017 and will be tabled at our AGM.
- ADVERTISING BOARDS – GALLWAY
Please support our school with regards to this fund raising initiative. For more information, please contact the school.
- TRANSFERS 2017- GRADES 1 TO 6 ONLY
Please inform the school by tomorrow, if you intend taking a transfer for your child for 2017. This will assist the school in planning and admissions for 2017.
- SCHOOL FEES
Parents are reminded that all school fee accounts are to be finalised by the end of November unless special arrangements have been made with the Governing Body. Failure to comply will result in the account being handed over for collection. This is expensive and unpleasant and can be avoided by paying your account timeously.